How much time are you on your phone every day? According to a new survey, parents spend an average of close to five hours a day on electronic devices, which is more than the less than four hours they spend doing meaningful activities with their kids.
The poll of 2-thousand moms and dads reveals:
- Six in 10 parents admit they spend more time on their screens than their kids do.
- The majority of parents (80%) own three electronic devices or more, while 81% of their kids own at least two electronic devices of their own.
- Only 2% of kids don’t own any devices at all.
- All that screen time may be why 60% of parents are looking for ways to get away from technology and reconnect with their kiddos this summer.
- Just over half (52%) of parents have tried to limit screen time in their household.
- And 79% say their experiences with their kids are more memorable when electronic devices aren’t involved.
- Parents admit they feel a positive shift in parenting when they’re enjoying outdoor activities, with 72% feeling like they’re able to focus more on family time and 52% feeling more relaxed when outside.
- Top summer activities parents are planning for their family include camping and hiking (59%), having picnics or meals outside (58%), going to amusement parks or water parks (58%) and exploring new places and traveling (58%).
Source: SWNS Digital