Some people love their careers so much, they’re the living example of that saying that if you love your job, you’ll never have to work a day in your life. Since most of us will spend a huge chunk of our lives working, it’s got to be better to be logging all those hours at a job you enjoy. And new research reveals which fields have the happiest and most unhappy workers.
- To find out, Reboot Online surveyed over 25-hundred professionals from 29 different industries, asking them about seven factors of their work: positive impact on others, career prospects, employee empowerment, work relationships, positive impact on mental health, salary and work culture.
- Their responses were used to come up with an overall happiness score for each field.
- And based on all that, the industry with the happiest workers is science and pharmaceuticals, which gets a 91.93 overall happiness score.
- On the flip side, the industry with the most unhappy workers is energy and utilities, with less than 10% of them being happy with their career.
The Top 10 Industries With the Happiest Workers
- Science and pharmaceuticals 91.93%
- Creative arts and design 83.81%
- Environment and agriculture 80.96%
- Charity and volunteer work 76.66%
- Advertising and PR 73.81%
- Accounting 73.34%
- Legal 69.51%
- Leisure 68.57%
- Engineering and manufacturing 67.61%
- Marketing 67.60%
The Top 10 Industries With the Most Unhappy Workers
- Energy and utilities 9.5%
- Sales 10.49%
- Call center and customer service 11.91%
- Retail 23.31%
- Social work 29.53%
- Hospitality and events management 30.94%
- Transportation and logistics 30.96%
- Consulting and management 31.43%
- Healthcare 31.91%
- Recruitment and HR 37.14%