St. Patrick’s Day is only a little over a week away and if you’re still deciding where to spend the holiday, WalletHub is here to help. They’ve just come out with their list of the Best Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations. Whether you’re Irish or not, it’s known for being a fun, alcohol-fueled holiday and some cities really go all out for it.
- WalletHub ranked 200 of the biggest cities in the U.S. in 15 factors, in four main areas: St. Patrick’s Day Traditions, Costs, Safety & Accessibility and St. Patrick’s Day Weather.
- The factors include the number of Irish pubs and restaurants, weather forecasts on March 17th, parades and parties, the average price of a beer and the lowest price for 3-star hotel rooms on the holiday.
- Topping the list for 2023 is Boston, with an overall score of 66.9 out of 100. It comes in number one for St. Patrick’s Day traditions, but it’s 147th for cost and 80th for weather.
Top 10 Cities for St. Patrick’s Day Celebrations in 2023
(Check out the full list here)
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- Chicago, Illinois
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- New York, New York
- Reno, Nevada
- Santa Rosa, California
- Naperville, Illinois
- Buffalo, New York
- Boise, Idaho
Fun facts from the report include:
- There’s a 174% increase in beer sales on St. Patrick’s Day compared to the rest of the year.
- 153% more spirits are sold on March 17th than on an average day.
- $1.84-million is the market value for a leprechaun’s pot of gold.
- 31.5-million Americans claim Irish ancestry, which is 6.4 times Ireland’s population.