Not everyone is a fan of the mullet haircut and it often gets mocked, but people who have one may be having more fun than the rest of us. According to new research, people who rock a mullet enjoy more nights out - an average of five a month, compared to three for non-mullet folks.
A new survey of 2-thousand adults - 500 of whom sport a mullet - reveals the top traits of those who proudly wear the “party in the back” hairstyle:
- Those with mullets think of themselves as free spirits, somewhat mischievous and “doing the unexpected.”
- They’re also more likely to be fans of spicy food and they think they have a better wardrobe, too.
- Mullet-wearers are less likely to sit down for a game of monopoly, but twice as likely to suggest a spicy game of truth or dare.
- Those with the cut describe themselves as “more influential” in their friend groups than pals with more traditional trims (66% versus 37%).
- 21% of all respondents claim their hair defines their personality and 22% say they’ve gotten more conservative with their hair as they’ve gotten older.
The poll also names the best celebrity mullets of all time and these are the top 10:
- Rod Stewart
- David Bowie/Ziggy Stardust
- Pat Sharp (English radio personality/DJ)
- Patrick Swayze
- Chris Waddle (English former pro soccer player)
- Jason Donovan (Australian actor)
- Limahl (English pop singer, lead singer of Kajagoogoo)
- David Beckham
- David Hasselhoff
- Andre Agassi
Source: SWNS Digital