Nobody wants to live in a state with a bad reputation, especially when it comes to safety, but there’s no doubt some places in this country are way safer than others. But which ones are they?
- Well, WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Safest States in the Country, ranking the 50 states based on 53 key safety factors.
- Those factors land in five different categories
- Personal & residential safety
- Financial safety
- Road safety
- Workplace safety
- Emergency preparedness
- Topping the list as the safest state in the country is Vermont, which scored a 68.79 out of 100, and lands in the Top 10 in four out of five categories, including first for workplace safety and second for personal & residential safety.
- Connecticut, seventh overall, is number one for personal and residential safety, while Massachusetts, sixth overall, is tops for road safety and Maine, second overall, is tops for emergency preparedness.
- New Hampshire, third overall, is number one for financial safety.
Top Ten Safest States In The Country
- New Hampshire
- Rhode Island
- As for the state that is the least safe, that “honor” goes to Louisiana with a score of 31.64.
- Louisiana ranks in the bottom ten for personal & residential, financial, workplace and emergency preparedness safety.
Ten Least Safe States In The Country
- South Carolina
Click here to find out where your state falls on the list.