These days we see a lot of stores going cashless, figuring most people like to shop with cards or Apple Pay these days, but it turns out a lot of people still like using cash.
A new poll finds:
- 51% of Americans admit to having cash stashed in their homes.
- In fact, the average person has $1,010 somewhere in their homes.
- But when it comes to using cash, it’s no longer the most popular way to purchase items.
- Overall, 25% prefer to use their credit cards.
- Another 24% prefer to use their debit cards.
- While only 20% prefer to use cash.
- They are most likely to carry $20 bills (30%), followed by $10 bills (24%) and $50 bills (13%)
- 45% say they have used cash within the past week, and another 38% the last month.
- Among the top uses for cash:
- Smaller purchases (43%)
- Personal grooming appointments (39%)
- Smaller emergencies (35%)
- Public transportation (32%)
- Grocery shopping (30%)
- Entertainment (30%)
- Gas (25%)
- Clothing (23%)
Source: SWNS Digital