The new school year has started, which means it’s only a matter of time before some high schoolers will have to start thinking about where they want to apply to college. Of course, everyone would love to go to the best college out there, but knowing which ones are the best isn’t always easy. Well, “U.S. News & World Report” is here to help.
- The mag has come out with their 2023 Best Colleges list.
- They evaluated more than 1,500 schools across the country on 17 measures of academic quality.
- The mag’s pick for Top National University is once again Princeton University, with Massachusetts Institute of Technology in second and Harvard, Stanford and Yale University tied for third.
- Williams College in Massachusetts once again tops the list for the Top National Liberal Arts school, while University of California, Los Angeles, and University of California, Berkeley.
- Keiser University in Miami is the Top National School for Social Mobility, meaning it’s the school that best serves underrepresented students, while Salem College is the Top Liberal Arts College for Social Mobility.
Top Ten National Universities
1. Princeton University (NJ)
2. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MA)
3. Harvard University (MA) (tie)
3. Stanford University (tie) (CA)
3. Yale University (CT)
6. University of Chicago (tie (IL)
7. Johns Hopkins University (tie) (MD)
7. University of Pennsylvania (PA)
9. California Institute of Technology (CA)
10. Duke University (tie) (NC)
Top National Liberal Arts Colleges – Top 3
- Williams College (MA)
- Amherst College (MA)
- Pomona Collage (CA)
Top Public Schools
National Universities – Top 3
1. University of California, Berkeley (tie)
1. University of California, Los Angeles (tie)
3. University of Michigan – Ann Arbor (tie)
3. University of Virginia (tie)
National Liberal Arts Colleges – Top 3
- United States Naval Academy
- United States Military Academy at West Point
- United States Air Force Academy
Click here to check out the complete lists