Most people want to look good, and a lot of folks would be willing to do anything to make that happen, including getting a little work done. So, what are the most popular procedures people are going to their doctors for?
- Well, the Aesthetic Society has released its annual Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Statistics report.
- Americans spent over $14.6 billion dollars on aesthetic procedures last year with surgical procedures increasing 54% and non-surgical procedures up 44%.
- Women accounted for 94% of all procedures.
- The top surgical procedure by count was Liposuction, followed by Breast Augmentation.
- The top non-surgical procedure was Neurotoxins (like Botox), followed by Dermal Fillers.
Top Surgical Procedures (By Procedure Count)
- Liposuction: 491,098
- Breast Augmentation: 364,753
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck): 242,939
- Mastopexy (Breast Lift): 167,395
- Blepharoplasty (Eyelid): 149,668
- Breast Implant Removal/Replacement:147,684
Top Non-Surgical Procedures (By Procedure Count)
- Neurotoxins: 3,651,223
- Dermal Fillers: 1,857,339
- Skin Treatment (Chemical Peels, Hydrofacials, etc):1,390,149
- Hair Removal: 454,954
- Skin Treatment (Combination Lasers): 431,485
Source: Yahoo Finance