No two states are exactly alike, especially when it comes to how much it costs to live there. While there are plenty of states that are pretty affordable, there are some that are just too pricey for the average person. And now a new report reveals which ones those are.
- CNBC just came out with their list of the Most Expensive States to Live In.
- They judged states on everything from groceries to housing and more.
- The most expensive state to live in is Hawaii, where an average home price is almost $1.4 million.
- A loaf of bread can set someone back about $5, while milk costs almost $4.50 a gallon.
Top 10 Most Expensive U.S. States To Live In
- New York
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- On the flipside, Mississippi is thecheapest statein the nation to live in
- The average home price is less than $250,000.
10 Least Expensive States in the U.S. To Live In
7. New Mexico
8. Georgia (tie)
8. Tennessee (tie)
Source:CNBC & Dr. Dave