AAA reports that 34 million people will be hitting the road this summer for vacation, and for most people, a road trip just isn’t the same without a great playlist.
A new survey finds:
- 60% of Americans like to set the mood of their road trip with a carefully curated playlist.
- Playlists are so important to road trippers that 35% of people said they’d “turn the car around” if they didn’t have what they needed to listen to the music of their choice.
- Of those with road trip playlists, 47% say they have a memory associated with a specific song.
- So, what songs do people want on their “ultimate” road trip playlist?
- The most popular include (click here for the complete list):
- “Sweet Home Alabama,” Lynyrd Skynyrd (39%)
- “Hotel California,” The Eagles (29%)
- “Life is a Highway,” Tom Cochrane (27%)
- “Take Me Home Country Roads,” John Denver (26%)
- “On the Road Again,” Willie Nelson (25%)
- “Old Town Road,” Lil Nas X (25%)
- “Shut Up and Drive,” Rihanna (24%)
- “Highway to Hell,” ACDC (23%)
- “Hit the Road Jack,” Ray Charles (20%)
- “Here I Go Again,” Whitesnake (18%)
- “Don't Stop Me Now,” Queen (18%)
- “Go Your Own Way,” Fleetwood Mac (18%)