Not a good look for United Airlines here. Lots of stuff on the internet about this, so I'll try and sum it up for you quickly:
- United Airlines overbooked a flight from Chicago to Louisville by 4 passengers
- They needed the additional 4 seats for airline employees
- They offered $400, then $800 for passengers to give up their seats - plus a night in a hotel
- When nobody took the offer, the computer randomly selected 4 people to be removed
- This doctor refused to be removed from the flight, saying he needed to be at the hospital in Louisville in the morning
- Police forced him off by dragging him off the plane
Lots of opinions going around about this. Either way, not a good PR look for United Airlines...